Call Now

(718) 831-6219

Post Divorce Enforcement

Practice Area

Post Divorce Enforcement

Once your divorce is final, it is expected that both parties will adhere to the judgment of divorce and uphold their responsibilities to each other and their children. If this does not happen, or circumstances drastically change for one of the parties, it may become necessary to enforce or modify the judgment. The worst thing you can do is ignore these issues when they come and let them snowball into something that will only become more and more difficult to handle in the future.

Before you end up with thousands of dollars of arrears, or worse yet, are facing a jail sentence, let our attorneys guide you in the right direction. If you are not receiving child support or alimony payments, or your spouse is not allowing you visitation, please contact our office to discuss your options. Similarly, if your situation has changed in some way and you can longer make your payments or adhere to the judgment of divorce, we can consult you on the best ways to obtain a modification of your order.